Friday, February 20, 2009

Use Your Marriage as a Weapon

I was talking with one of my co-workers yesterday, she and her husband are leaders in the "Reconciliation Ministry" at her church. I didn't know what it was at first, never heard of that. So, apparently, its a ministry where married couples considering divorce come so that they (the ministry) can help reconcile the marriage or determmine whether or not they have irreconcilable differences according to the Word and grounds for divorce.

I found this to be very interesting and very disturbing at the same time! It brought me back to the time my husband and I felt like we had irreconcilable differences in our marriage...and at some point thought about divorce. I began to share my testimony with her. Just over a year ago, Who would've thought that Diondrea and I were thinking about divorce... never at the same time though. He wanted to divorce me...then I wanted to divorce him. We were both just angry about reasons we can't even really explain. It wasn't until we stopped looking at each other's faults and looked at ourselves that God was able to begin to heal our marriage.

I realized that the devil was trying to use our marriage as a weapon AGAINST us...and we allowed him to do it. Well, when I realized that, I began to use my marriage as a weapon AGAINST the devil. I really started reading and heeding to the book "Power of a Praying Wife". The very first chapter is about the wife and praying for herself to confess and get healed from all the hurt and anger she felt towards her husband. I started warfare-ing for myself, my husband and marriage like never before (after a few sessions with Pastor Lathon, nonetheless). But I refused to accept what the devil was attempting to do in my marriage.

Well, all I can say now is...praise God!! God has not only miraculously healed my marriage but He has truy transformed my marriage. Diondrea and I will be celebrating 12 years of marriage this May! Only God could have done this!!

I heard Apostle Turner say years ago, "It takes two people to get married but only one person to destroy the marriage." I didn't understand that statement back then, young and in love, but I definitely understand it now. If just one of us had decided that we just wasn't gon' try to work it out and one of us filed for divorce, that would've been it.

It was hard and it was a process but we worked it out TOGETHER through much prayer and much warfare.

Don't let the enemy use your marriage against you, use your marriageas a weapon against the enemy. If you stand strong, there is no way he can win. FIGHT BACK!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful testimony. This is my first time reading your blog...what a wonderful introduction. I love all of Stormie Omartan's books; Power of a Praying Mother, Power of a Praying Wife. Keep on living the Word of God and I look forward to reading more of your post. Yours in Christ,

    CJ

    ReplyDelete