Sunday, February 15, 2009

Repositioning Yourself

I've been re-reading the book "Reposition Yourself" by Bishop T.D. Jakes and it has reminded me why God has set me in certain places. God is always causing me to come out of my comfort zone and I always wonder...Why?! Why does God take us from one place to another...repositioning us? I believe God repositions us to take us to the next level in Him...in business...in life.

When God first spoke to me about moving to Dallas, I thought I was trippin. I was like...what we gon do in Dallas? Well, I told my husband Diondrea and he was like...Yeah, ok. He just kind of entertained me by taking a trip with me to Dallas and we checked it out and everything but he seriously wasn't ready to move. I already knew in my spirit that God was "repositioning us". I didn't know why but all I knew is God has something for us in Dallas. Now, we had lived in Chicago our whole lives and been in the same ministry for 20 yrs and never really positioned ourselves in a place where we could be used by God...we just kind of sat back in the cut.

Well, let me tell you something...when God repositions you, He does not take NO for an answer! Long story short...we now live in McKinney, TX about 30 min. outside of Dallas. God has put us in a place where there had to be a YES in our mouth. It seems like a dream because it happened so fast!

When God repositions you, it is so He can either bless you, use you to bless others or both. You have to be open for repositioning, sometimes it doesn't make sense...you don't know what the outcome will be. But let me tell you...God knows what He is doing...just open your heart and mind...don't limit God and don't limit yourself.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome and right on time....Thanks for your candidness...most people aren't this transparent, but when we see that we all go through things it blessed one another...

    ReplyDelete