Wednesday, December 23, 2009

You've Never Let Me Down!

Lately, I've been a bit unsure...of where God has me. I haven't felt this unsure in such a long time, its quite uncomfortable. So, I'm asking God why? Why the uncertainty? Why do I feel like all of a sudden I don't know which way to go...am I in the right place or is there another road I must follow?

Then it came to me as I was asking God...I answered my own question...You've never let me down! Anytime I've felt unsure, confused, not knowing which way to go...You've never let down! I don't always know what's around the corner or down the road but as I step a little closer to You...You never let me down! You said "if I draw near to You, You would draw near to me". Now, I may not be sure of where I'm going at this point but I'm sure of the fact that You're right beside me guiding me all the way. I know if I just trust in you Lord and not try to figure things out according to my own way of thinking...I know without a shadow of a doubt that you will direct my paths.

I just keep reminding myself...You've never let me down, You've never let me down! Its such a relief that I don't have to figure it out all by myself. This one thing I know (and am sure of)..."that He who hath begun a good work in me will perform it...! Aaaahhh...what a great feeling!! Thank You Father for never letting me down!

1 comment:

  1. This is good and it's a good place to be! I find that this often happens when we try to mix the natural with the spiritual. Usually, we have been involved in or are privy to some conversation that makes us feel that we are missing something because of circumstances, they way things look in the natural, etc. We allow our carnal mind to get involved with the line of thinking and it starts to make sense to us and we begin to feel dissatisfied, unfulfilled, let out, disgruntled, etc. We have to get away from all of that and as you say, draw nigh to God! He will always take us to another level of thinking--His way of thinking. True wealth, true satisfaction comes from doing the will of God--from knowing that you've done or are doing the will of God. Am I using my God-given gifts, talents to meet a need in someone else's life? Do I respond properly when God brings someone to me that has a need, even though I'm in need or do I just consider my need and shrug them off. My value to God increases everytime I provide a valuable service for someone else, trusting God to take care of my need. As you so aptly put it--God has NEVER let us down!

    ReplyDelete