Monday, January 11, 2010

My Birth Right

Yesterday, the message was awesome...Apostle touched on the story of Jacob and Esau. Of course, the two were brothers....Esau, being the oldest and Jacob, the youngest. When it came time for Isaac, their father, to bestow the blessing of the birth right over the oldest, Jacob went in instead and took the birth right that belonged to Esau. Ok...so, you know how the story goes! Well, Jacob did this not realizing the birth right that God had already put in him. He really didn't need to steal what belonged to his brother because there was already something in him, he had a blessing of his own!

One thing Apostle said that made so much sense is that God puts something so special in each one of us but we're so busy looking at the blessings of someone else that we don't see what God has put in us. We have to know the birth right God has given us, He put something unique in each of us even at birth that only we have the right to.

I used to be so insecure...I was too fat, not pretty enough, not smart enough...wanting to be more like the girl over there...she's so pretty, thin, and smart! Well, then I came to the realization of the birth right God had given me...I am beautifully and wonderfully made, I am blessed goin in and comin out, I do have an inheritance that no one can take away! Knowing my birth right is knowing who I am in Christ, knowing that He made me strong, He made me to be an overcomer, He put power into MY hands to change situations and circumstances, He blessed me with knowledge wisdom & understanding, He blessed me with witty inventions and creative business ideas, He blessed me with a wonderful husband who loves me unconditionally, He blessed with the most beautiful girls in the whole wide world, and of course, He blessed me to be birthed by a beautiful mother who loves the Lord with all her heart and raised me in the fear and admonition of the Lord...I could go on and on!! God has given ME the right to be blessed...I was born with it so NO ONE can take it from me!

You have to know your own birth right!! We are always our own worst enemy...the person that usually takes our birth right away is our own SELF!! We curse ourselves, we tear ourselves down...a house divided against itself cannot stand! My heart is weakened every time I hear of someone committing suicide! These are people who don't realize the birth right God has put in them...not knowing their potential, not knowing their value and worth, not knowing that they have access to eternal life in Christ! We have to bind the enemy...within...and take hold of the birth right God has given us! Don't let ANY ONE, including yourself, take your birth right away...ITS YOURS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment